Thirsty Sword Lesbians battle the Lady of Chains when her enforcers march down from the frosty north. They rocket through the stars to safeguard diplomats ending a generations-old conflict. Even when swords are crossed, they seek peace with their opponent—and sometimes connect more deeply than anyone expects.
A sword duel can end in kissing, a witch can gain her power by helping others find love, and an entire campaign can be built around wandering matchmakers flying from system to system.
Thirsty Sword Lesbians is a roleplaying game for telling queer stories with friends. If you love angsty disaster lesbians with swords, you have come to the right place.
In this book, you’ll find:
- Flirting, sword-fighting, and zingers in a system designed for both narrative drama and player safety.
- An innovative take on the Powered by the Apocalypse family of games.
- Nine character types, each focusing on a particular emotional conflict: Beast, Chosen, Devoted, Infamous, Nature Witch, Scoundrel, Seeker, Spooky Witch, and Trickster.
- Guidance and support for running the game, including how to make appealing adversaries, set the tone, pace the game, and structure play.
- Tools to create your own settings and stories, alongside a dozen pre-written options including the cyberpunk Neon City 2099, steamfunk poets battling oppression as Les Violettes Dangereuses, laser swords and intrigue in the Starcross Galaxy, and more.
- World building worksheet for custom scenarios and starting scenario seeds to play with: Best Day of Their Lives, The Constellation Festival, Gal Paladins, and Sword Lesbians of the Three Houses
- Variant rules to highlight different identities, emotional connections, and setting elements.
- Strategies to adapt any setting where swords cross and hearts race for Thirsty Sword Lesbians.
Nebula Award Winner
The Science Fictions & Fantasy Writers of America awarded Thirsty Sword Lesbians the award for Best Game Writing in 2021.
Thirsty Sword Lesbians won gold ENNIE awards:
Lace up your skates and settle old scores in a wasteland roller derby, explore the jungles of Venus as part of a planet-roving band of futuristic battle bards, or pick up your favorite Arthurian legend and MAKE. IT. GAY. With over twenty new settings, you’re sure to find just the right hook to delight and entice your table.
Crafted by an all-star team assembled from the best and brightest of the indie RPG scene, Advanced Lovers and Lesbians shines a spotlight on the game’s universal themes of found family and deep emotional connections. Innovative new playbooks and alternate rules offer novel story arcs for your next game of Thirsty Sword Lesbians.
Inside this book, you’ll find:
- Ten new playbooks, including the shapeshifting Naga, the shrewd Investigator, the synthflesh Hologoddess, and the family-minded Matriarch
- Twenty-one new settings—ready your bow in late Heian Japan or strum your guitar in orbit of near-future Saturn—each one full of relatable characters and dramatic plot hooks
- Four detailed adventures: Fashion & Slashin’, Romancing the Throne, Starlight of the Lunar Realm, and Through the Looking Glass make it easy for your group to quickly pick up and play a game of Thirsty Sword Lesbians
- Custom rules to support settings with unique elements
- An appendix of random tables full of inspiration for characters, settings, and storylines plus a set of Friend, Threat, and Plot tables tailored to each and every one of the game’s 19 playbooks
- Beautiful, full-color artwork that captures the full spectrum of characters you can play as part of the diverse, expansive, and unabashedly queer worlds found within
Thousands have already been smitten with Thirsty Sword Lesbians. Take your skills with the blade and your passion for intrigue and drama to the next level with Advanced Lovers and Lesbians!