1. DC‘s been in need of an exciting, action-packed Superman series since, basically, the beginning of the New 52. Superman Unchained is it.
2. Scott Snyder has revolutionized Batman, delivering dark, horrifying stories, and now turns his literary sights to the Man of Steel.
3. Speaking of, to coincide with the release of the Man of Steel film and the 75th anniversary of Superman, Superman Unchained #1 ships with EIGHT, count’em EIGHT, different covers by a range of veteran and modern DC artists, all of which have helped defined the character.
4. And if all of that isn’t enough reason to pick up a copy, Jim Lee has returned to art duties on Superman. As Lee rarely ever does interiors these days, that only is a landmark reason to check the series out.
1. If you’ve ever wanted to read a book where The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and a zoo got blended together with a post-apocalyptic situation, Six-Gun Gorilla is that book.
2. Si Spurrier has recently built a reputation on writing psychedelic, sci-fi, humor comics, like X-Men Legacy and X-Club for Marvel, and now applies those talents to a creator-owned series.
3. The story takes place in a world that has been commandeered by humans from our Earth, in order to mine resources, but have met with resistance from the planet’s natives.
4. Uh. Gorilla. With guns. C’mon.
1. If you, like everyone else, has been waiting for Gerard Way’s follow-up to the mega-successful Umbrella Academy, it’s finally here!
2. Going in a complete 180 degrees from that previous series from Dark Horse, Killjoys is a sci-fi horror series set in an alternate future.
3. The Killjoys used to be a powerful force of rebellion against Better Living Industries, the world’s largest corporation, but long ago they lost, leaving only The Girl alive. Now her and the remaining followers of the Killjoys live in the “wasteland” while the BLI rules the city. But that’s about to change.
4. In a marriage of Indy glory, Way is teaming on this series with avante garde artist extraordinaire, Becky Cloonan (Batman, DEMO).
1. Scott Snyder bookends tonight’s post, with the start of his next, eleven issue arc on Batman. And this time he’s going all the way back to the beginning.
2. Year Zero is a fresh retelling of Bruce Wayne’s earliest time as Gotham’s protector, updated and expanded for the New 52 universe.
3. Set to feature The Riddler, Ras al Ghul, and many other classic Batman villains, this will mark the first time Snyder has been able to unleash the rogues gallery since he started on the series.
4. Those who missed out on Death of the Family have been scrambling to collect the back issues with minimal success; don’t find yourself in the same position for Year Zero.